- This event has passed.
Innovations in Recovery Leadership
May 3, 2022 @ 10:00 am - May 5, 2022 @ 4:30 pmFree
Faces & Voices of Recovery invites Illinois residents to a FREE virtual training sponsored by the State of Illinois. Innovations in Recovery Leadership is a 3-day training program for emergent and seasoned leaders working or volunteering in a setting that prioritizes recovery support services.
Welcome to the Innovations in Recovery Leadership Training.
Faces & Voices of Recovery envisions a world where the diverse voices of individuals and families affected by addiction are embraced and connected in communities, free from discrimination and injustice. Therefore, we need all leaders influencing policy, developing services, and delivering programming, to lean in and support one another as we continue to evolve. Together we will change the way addiction and recovery are understood and embraced while making sure every voice is represented. The Innovations in Recovery Leadership training offers attendees an exciting and highly dynamic exploratory process in which the foundational pillars of recovery leadership are unpacked. Our 3-day training is for emergent and seasoned leaders working or volunteering in a setting that prioritizes recovery support services. Those connected to Recovery Community Organizations or Centers, Collegiate Recovery Communities, Recovery High Schools, government agencies supporting recovery services statewide, family support organizations, recovery house managers, or a variety of other settings utilizing recovery supports, are encouraged to reach out to our training team to discuss the advantages of this unique curriculum. There truly is no other training like this being offered specifically for those with lived experience. We like to say, nothing about us without us, but in our leadership development program we believe, nothing about us, without us in LEADERSHIP positions
Sample Training Topics Include:
- Developing your personal values as a leader
- Centering diversity, equity, and inclusion as recovery leaders
- Servant leadership and its connection to the recovery community
- Realistic goal setting for leaders and their organizations
- Exploring various leadership styles AND understanding how to work within those dynamics
- The importance of self-care and balance
- Examining the intersectionality of your role as a recovery advocate and administrator of a program or agency
- Building strategic community partnerships while navigating challenging political relationships