- Screen and identify patients with OUD and define evidence-based treatments.
- Discuss the pharmacology of opioids as it relates to treatment of opioid use disorder (OUD) patients.
- Describe the fundamentals of office-based opioid treatment including the treatment of the co-morbid patient.
- Explain the process of buprenorphine induction as well as stabilization and maintenance.
- Discuss all FDA approved antagonist and agonist medications to treat OUD.
- Discuss basic office protocols including medical record documentation and confidentiality.
- Utilize evidence-based resources to ensure providers have the confidence to prescribe buprenorphine for patients with OUD.
- Recognize the importance of obtaining a waiver to begin treating patients with OUD.
Virtual self-paced work of 4 hours before or after the live event is required in order to be eligible for the waiver. CME is also available. Please create a PCSS account prior to the live training in order to avoid delays in receiving the waiver. Contact Staci Ashmore with questions.
Attendees will need to register in TWO places:
Zoom Meeting Registration
PCSS Portal Registration
Invitation code for PCSS website: WAIVER-227743-11555